Curiosity is a good start to a new beginning.
- How do I know if my application has been received? Once
you have pressed the submit button at the bottom of the application, a
confirmation will appear indicating that you have ‘successfully applied’
to the specific requisition number. You may print this confirmation for
- Can I check the status of my application?
Yes, simply log in to your profile and click on ‘Job Submission Status.’
- How can I update my application or resume?
Each time you apply for a new position, you may update your resume.
You can either add a new resume or edit the one you currently have. You
may also edit your profile anytime by clicking ‘Edit Profile,’ changing
the information, and clicking ‘Save.’
- What if I am just searching openings but not ready to fill out an application?
You are able to search all open positions without submitting an
application. You may also create a profile without submitting an
application to a specific opening.
- Do I have to fill out your application?
Yes, we have an application form that must be completed when you
apply to a specific opening. Completion of this form, however, doesn’t
mean that you’ve applied to a position. Applying to a specific position
means that you’ve completed a profile, resume, and application form and
then submitted them to a specific requisition number.
- Why does it appear that some positions have been updated when it looks as if nothing has changed in the posting? Human Resources staff will often make changes or updates “behind the scenes.” Most changes will not affect the posting, but the system will be updated with the date of the change.
- Why are there positions on the website when the deadline has passed?
There are many steps in the selection process that take place after the application deadline has been reached. If the deadline has passed, it means we are reviewing the applications that were submitted by the deadline and moving forward in the hiring process. However, there is the possibility that the position will not be filled, and we may need to consider additional applicants, in which case the deadline could be extended.
- Can I apply after the deadline?
Yes, however, we initially look at only those who have applied within the deadline. Generally, all positions will stay on our website until they are filled. We occasionally will need to extend a deadline, in which case we may be able to consider your application.
- Can I submit a paper resume or application?No. Applications are position specific, meaning that an application must be submitted for a specific requisition number (job posting). Our application process is entirely online, thus paper resumes submitted cannot be “tied” to a specific opening.
- What if I want to include a resume?
You can include a resume in your profile by uploading the document, copying and pasting the document, or typing the information into the resume text box provided. If you do not include a resume, please click on the link that states ‘click here to create a profile,’ and you will be asked to complete a profile of information including contact information, work experience and education.
- Do I have to submit a resume?
Sometimes. There are some positions that require a resume, and this is noted on the posting. Even if the posting doesn’t specify that a resume is required, we still encourage you to submit one, as this is the best way for you to provide us information about your background. Our application system allows you create a resume if you don’t have one or to upload one if you have it prepared.
- How do I upload a resume?
You can upload your resume with or without submitting an application to a specific opening. Please choose the relevant method below.
Applying for a specific position(s): When prompted, click on the ‘Upload my resume/CV from my computer’ icon. Once this has been checked, click on ‘browse’ located on the right side of ‘file to upload’ to search for your resume under your existing documents saved on your computer. When you locate the document you wish to attach to your application, click ‘open’ to attach and upload the document. It will prompt you to ‘Name this resume/CV’ under ‘File to upload,’ and you will need to label/name the resume you have uploaded and attached.
Creating or editing your profile without applying to an opening: After logging in, click on ‘Resume/CV and cover letter manager.’ When prompted, click on the ‘Upload my resume/CV from my computer’ icon. Once this has been checked, click on ‘browse’ located on the right side of ‘file to upload’ to search for your resume under your existing documents saved on your computer. When you locate the document you wish to attach to your application, click ‘open’ to attach and upload the document. It will prompt you to ‘Name this resume/CV’ under ‘File to upload,’ and you will need to label/name the resume you have uploaded and attached.
- Can I copy selected information from another electronic document?
Yes, this can be done by highlighting the information to copy from an existing document and pressing ‘control C’ to copy, and then ‘control V’ to paste the information into the appropriate field.
- Who do I address the cover letter to?
It is appropriate to use a general greeting (Dear Human Resources, Dear Hiring Manager, To Whom it may concern, etc.) in preparing your cover letter. If you have established contact with someone specific, it is also appropriate to address the cover letter to that individual.
- When will I hear from HR about interviews?This depends on several factors. While we will review the position as soon as possible after the application deadline, it typically takes a couple of business days to review all applicants, coordinate schedules, and contact those who have been selected to meet with us.
- I have applied to many positions and have not been called for an interview. Why?
Initially, applications are carefully reviewed to ensure that they meet our established minimum qualifications for the position. It is important only to apply for positions for which you meet the minimum qualifications as posted. From those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications, we select for further consideration those who have the most applicable knowledge, skills, abilities and experience as it relates to the position we are trying to fill. Even if you meet the minimum qualifications, it is possible that you may not be considered further if there are other applicants with knowledge, skills, abilities and experience that more closely match the needs of the position.
It is also possible that you have been applying for positions that are being filled internally. In some instances, a position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement, and we may be considering only internal applicants.
- Will I be notified if the position is filled by someone else?
Yes, you will receive an email or a letter indicating that the position has been filled.